Wednesday, July 14, 2010

One completed whole

"Not one of these people, even though their lives of faith were exemplary, got their hands on what was promised. God had a better plan for us: that their faith and our faith would come together to make one completed whole, their lives of faith not complete apart from ours." Hebrews 11:39-40

This is not the first time I have journaled on these verses. It seems as though I need to be reminded over and over again about this BIG plan that God has and my place in it.

There are a host of names listed in this chapter. It's a who's who, hall of fame, of Biblical history and God says that not one of them lived a life that was stand alone, disconnected from the rest of the lives lived over the entire period of human existence. Their lives would not be complete without my life, being lived as it is thousands of years later,. That's a big statement. The faith of Abraham, Noah, Sarah, Isaac, Moses etc would all be incomplete without my faith too.

Later this year at Preston Salvos we will celebrate our 125th anniversary and a whole host of other people who have called Preston home at some time or other will be there (we hope!). None of those people of faith who have gone before completed God's plan. Those of us around today are putting our piece into God's jigsaw and those who follow us will do the same. We are all part of one continuous working out of God's plan and together, and only together, will our lives of faith be complete.

Help me God to understand my place in this huge plan of yours. And when it's all too complicated for my small brain to grasp, help me to trust "by faith".

No comments:

Post a Comment