Thursday, July 1, 2010

Let's play charades

"Quit your worship charades. I can't stand your trivial religious games: monthly conferences, weekly sabbaths, special meetings - meetings, meetings, meetings - I can't stand one more!...." Isaiah 1: 13

These types of verses appear many times over in the Bible. God doesn't like worship; God doesn't like meetings; God doesn't like sacrifices, and so on. Is God so anti everything that we hold as important?

Not really. Everytime we read this sort of stuff it is followed by the reasons why. It's usually a situation where God's people have forgotten about the homeless people, don't care about justice, are more concerned about their own wealth and possessions and so on.

Everything that we do at church is worthless, and in fact angers God, if we are not living the life that God wants us to live. That means getting involved where there is injustice and helping those who are down and out.

1 comment:

  1. I like it !! I have often wondered about my Sunday "rituals" and is my service satisfactory ??

    ReplyDelete