Thursday, July 29, 2010

Grumpy days

I had a grumpy day on Tuesday. There was no apparent reason for it. I was just grumpy. I guess most of us have those days occasionally. I even have them on days when there isn't band practice!

When I am grumpy I tend to struggle with my devotions. When I just want to get away from everything and everyone I'm not really interested in reading Isaiah or any other part of scripture that addresses my behaviour.

On Wednesday I trotted off to have my haircut. My barber does the most wonderful scalp massages. The massage on its own is worth the cost of the haircut. And as Vicenzo massaged my head so the tension started to drain away.

What about a spiritual massage? I am doing reasonably well with my Bible reading at present but sometimes what I need is a deep internal spiritual massage. Something to break the tension that exists inwardly. I am not good at allocating time to sit and allow God to minister. I don't even have a wife & kids yet I still find it hard to find that space. But everytime I visit Vicenzo I am reminded that I need to find again the healing massage of God's Spirit in my life if I am to function properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment