Thursday, July 22, 2010

No one is forgotten

"Not one is missing, not on forgotten. God the Father has his eye on each of you...."
1 Peter 1:1-2

Peter was writing to exiles as he called them, Christians in Northern Asia Minor. The first thing he tells them is that they are not forgotten, not one of them. God has his eye on each and every one of them no matter where they are, no matter how remote.

It must be very easy at times for those who live in countries hostile to Christianity or those who live in remote regions to wonder whether God remembers them and is aware of their situation. Yet here, we are reminded that God remembers them all.

In the cities we often hold similar fears. Amongst the vast numbers of faceless people, does God remember me? Can he see me amongst the vast crowd? Can he hear me above the cacophony of noise? Yes he can! Not only that but he knows me intimately.

The thoughts for this blog today are 5 years old (my journal this morning didn't quite measure up!). At the time I wrote this my father was very ill and passed away about 6 weeks later. In the challenging times of life, it's encouraging to know that God is incredibly close and loves us all passionately. No one is forgotten.

God, the reminder that you are watching me at all times isn't always a pleasant thought because I don't measure up to your holiness. But the promise of your love and protection gives such peace. Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment