Monday, July 26, 2010

A bit more awe please

"So to whom will you compare me, the incomparable? Can you picture me without reducing me?" Isaiah 46:5. In the next chapter of Isaiah God says "I have a lot more to tell you, things you never knew existed."

It's such a temptation to shrink God to a size I can manage and fathom. I want to be able to understand God, to know which direction he will move next so that I can have some level of control over my life and to ensure I am not caught out underprepared.

Uncertainty about the future is something that bothers many of us. I think the technical term is 'worry'! But consider this - if God is incomparable; if to picture God is to reduce him; and if God has more to show and tell - things I never knew existed; Then why am I not continually excited by the God who is so huge and so pro me?

A little less worry and a lot more excitement and anticipation is probably the order of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment