Thursday, October 14, 2010

Feels so good

Today is the day when the majority of Salvation Army Officer (ministers) moves are announced. Just a few weeks ago we learnt that our associate officer, Christine, was being moved. Today we find out that our senior officers, Daryl & Sandy are also being moved. I am frustrated and disillusioned and probably many things in between but that is probably all that I should write about it today! (Having said that, my frustration is with the 'system'. Michael & another Christine are our new officers and I am absolutely looking forward to working with them!!)

When we have days that leave us feeling down it's sometimes not a bad thing to listen to some music that reminds us of good times. I think most of us would have those songs where, from the very first bar we are transported back to those happy times. For me, as a young adult, a guy by the name of Chuck Mangione, a jazz flugal horn player, released an album called Feels So Good. Even now, 30 years on it still reminds me of good times, carefree summer holidays at the beach or wherever.

The original has been re-recorded and the link below now includes vocals. Given some of the lyrics you would never be able to pass it off as a Christian song but if you remove a couple of lines it could go close to being a love song to God!

http:/www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzIpFvU1NP0&feature=related

And, Christian song or not, it reminds me that it still 'feels so good' to be a follower of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment