Friday, September 17, 2010

God is real and knowable

"I, Jesus, sent my Angel to testify to these things for the churches. I'm the Root and Branch of David, the Bright Morning Star." Rev 22:16

"Under the Executive Minister, Dr Francis McNab, the large congregation has adopted a liberal and progressive theology that sits on the forefront of radical thought."

This is the boast on St Michael's Uniting Church website. I am quite liberal these days in a lot of my thinking but I have quite a way to go to reach the 'radical thought' that is a part of this particular church. Their God is not my God and their Jesus is not my Jesus. A reading of their Ten Point Charter leaves me with the same feeling as shaking the hand of someone with a limp hand shake! I'm afraid it totally lacks power and spark, in my humble opinion. Why?

"I, Jesus... the Bright Morning Star" said my reading today. I believe in God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. In Him I have meaning and hope. He is the salvation of the world. He is real, not abstract. Jesus was divine, not just a good man.

I worship you God. I thank you for being knowable and personal and a loving presence in my life.

1 comment: