Thursday, September 23, 2010

Do I leave an impression?

As I was drinking my orange juice this morning at an eating establishment that shall remain unnamed, I became aware that the container was leaking. Apart from the fact that the puddle on the floor gave the impression that I had had an accident, some had also dripped onto my trousers. It is usually when you are wearing something light that this happens and today, of course, I was wearing something light and the stain showed up more than would otherwise have been the case.

A little later on as the 'orange juice' dried I noticed that it hadn't left a stain at all. Which just proves my long held suspicions that the 'orange juice' sold at this establishment contains little, if any, orange juice or anything else of any substance for that matter.

When you are in the habit of writing a blog, or are an minister of religion who preaches a sermon every Sunday, you start to think of christian applications for these incidents. Rather sad really! But I wondered whether what I am involved in or what I say or do leaves any trace. After the initial activity does my influence vanish without trace? Is the impact of my life as weak and fake as my so called orange juice?

Mike Pilley wrote this morning about fruit. You can read it here:
http://mrpilley.blogspot.com/2010/09/fruity.html
I hope the fruit of my life is a more powerful and real than my morning orange juice!

No comments:

Post a Comment