Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Hope before time began

"..a faith and knowledge resting on the hope of eternal life, which God, who does not lie, promised before the beginning of time." Titus 1:2

"Before the world began, you were on his mind." So begins the beautiful Hillsongs song. Paul in Titus talks about eternal life - promised before the beginning of time.

We worry about most things - at least I do - because we can't see the future and choose not to see the past. God has done amazing things over the course of time and everything he has done has happened at just the right time. Nothing has happened that God hasn't seen before the beginning of time. So why should I worry? Before time began God knew who I was and what I would become. He has seen my birth and he knows when I will die.

Do I rest on the hope of eternal life promised before the beginning of time? Yes, but maybe not always with the sense of victory and triumph that I should. Often it is accompanied by some trepidation too.

God, forgive me for the times when my hope in you isn't as strong as it ought to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment