Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Don't just get by. Go the extra mile

"Don't just do what you have to do to get by, but work heartily, as Christ's servants doing what God wants you to do." Ephesians 6:6

For those of us who have been on the faith journey for a while it can, if we are not careful, become a bit monotonous. We do the same things every week and we lose the fascination and excitement that we had when we were new Christians. At times like that we tend to just do what we have to do to get by. The sense of going the extra mile because we are really immersed in our mission and ministry disappears.

It's not wrong to become weary or burdened at times. We are human. But when this becomes the norm, and when the spark of excitement is lost, then we need to spend more time on our spiritual health.

God wants our walk with him to be one of mutual joy and desire to go the extra mile with, and for, others consistently.

When I look at my service I don't always approach it heartily! Most times I do just enough. Maybe the drive of the Holy Spirit in my life is not evident enough.

Lord, send the fire! Renew my spirit and my passion for you and your mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment